Oops!! I know that I had to post a publication last week and I didn't do. The reason was that I had a exam of molecular biology in my class and I was told that that teacher make them very complicated. I'm so sorry for that!! So, my duty is publish it, although a week later.
I would like to write something about my publication in Lang8 website the week corresponding to march 7th - 13 th.
In that post, I wrote something about my experience at game between America vs Cruz Azul in the Aztec stadium the last February 20th.
I received suggestions from only one person and I believe that in general there were a bit of corrections for my text.
My major problems were with the use of the word "in". I consider my problem is that I translate spanish expressions to English, so I have to stop from do that. I would like to share a picture of that error in Lang 8.

Another errors were with the use of adverbs, in special with the use of "often" in place of "many times" and the correct position of "very early" in a sentence.

So, in general that were some of my corrections in lang8. I have to read something with the correct use of "In" and adverbs.
I would like to write something about I learned in the same week in CELE course. We were working with the expresion "used to", which is used to refer actions, believes, etc etc with the particularity that they all were in the past and not for present.
Also when you try to talk about a person custom, you have to use "subject + verb to be + used to + verb in present continuous". For example;
- I am used to putting chili in all my food
Subject: I
Verb to be: am
used to
verb in
present continuous: putting
Finally, I would like to share something new words, pronunciations and new phases in my vocabulary learned in the same week:
- museum --> in Spanish is said "m-I-U-s-i-u-m"
- Patron saint of _____ people --> to refer some saints
- attitude --> is used with a negative connotation
- whereby you want --> in Spanish is "cuando quieras"
- Instead --> in place of something
- cubblestone --> street made of stones
- sipping --> drinking something taking our time
- guest/problem/etc + magnet --> when you atract such things very often
- bribe --> in Spanish is "mordida" in a context of corruption
- fine --> pay
- blathering --> talking with no sense
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario